Monday 4 April 2011

Once Upon a Stoop

This is my second attempt at blogging and hopefully this will work out much better than my last attempt. The last blog I attempted was about the hopeful transformation into a muscular stud from an average joe. Unfortunately, that ship sailed as I realised that I didnt have the discipline at that point to match my desires. That blog was too content specific and thats why I have abandoned it in favour of a more general blog where I can write whatever as pertinent to me.

I feel that the title of my blog will be confusing to those who are not too familiar with me, so I will try to explain its meaning. Stoop is obviously an English word that is in the dictionary(feel free to check its meaning, this isnt a vocabulary blog) but it has been coined by some of my friends to mean a very condescending action in which ones human value is lowered. This just means doing something that can be classified as lowly in short a stoop. For better understanding ,I will illustrate with a few true life examples.

In my First year, there was one of my friends who committed what I would term a stoop. This friend of mine comes from a well to do family and as such had a large financial base. Anyway for whatever reason, he ended up being a a bit broke as we were about to embark on a journey to a neighbouring town about ten minutes away. He proceeded to buy a child ticket to our destination which worked out at about 60pence cheaper than the adult one hence why I termed it a stoop or a stoop low. Anyway while on the train, the ticket inspector comes along and checks everyone's tickets noting that this full fledged man was carrying a child ticket. He then proceeded to ask how old this my friend was, and he responded 13. Trust me this dude looks in no way 13. To cut a long story short, my friend ended up lying his way out of the situation and all this was done just to get a cheaper ticket. This is what I call a stoop.

A stoop low can come in different forms and different ways. Another stoop can be when a  person came to the bar when I was at a club one time and proceeded to ask for 'water on the rocks'. This is a stoop because he tried to come on an intelligent hype when he was really just trying to save his money. My other example is also from another friend of mine, so as you can tell 'stooping' is never to far away from me. We went to london for a friends dinner and at the end of this dinner, my friend had to pay for something that he had ordered. This coincidentally sparked the end of his money because this item was the same amount as the last bit of money he had for that month. Anyway, we went back to another friends house and he had a train to catch back to loughborough early the next money. He didnt have any money so he decided to 'stoop' and take money from his friends purse(coins if i must add) so he could get the bus to the train station and buy some coffee which would keep him awake till the train came. I found this so funny because he is naturally rich so to get to that kind of low was really funny to me.

This just helps me explain where i got my blog name from. I have a lot more 'stoops' that i will be sharing in due course.lol. Hopefully Ill have the motivation and free time that blogging requires. For now, I gast go and be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment