Friday 8 April 2011

Don't Mouth Off

In the last few days, I have been asked what kind of blog I am running. Well I don't know what to classify it as but I think it should be understood as a light and satirical read when you have some spare time on your hands. In other words, I'm not so sure. Anyway, I just came from the barbers a few hours ago and he had a problem with affects a lot of people but is still so rampant. This man's mouth oozed so bad that I'm sure that was the instrument he used to cut my hair rather than the clipper.

Bad breath is a very heinous crime in my opinion that's why I stay conscious of any change in condition of my mouth because it is hard for anyone to let you know that your mouth is smelling. This is because even when it is said to you politely like 'this guy your mouth is smelling' or 'did you brush your teeth today', it can still feel like you are being slighted. Best way to solve the mess of bad breath is to start with the man in the mirror i.e ensure that you keep your mouth on lock down if you are not confident enough. In most cases when your mouth is smelling is when you want to talk more. The barber is saying to me 'boss, what do you want?Do you want a fade, same height,Mo...' before he completes the sentence I say scrape everything off before he gives me more options and manages to drown my nostrils with the smelliest mouth I have ever smelt. Trust me a sewage disposal truck got nothing on this dude.

The worst kind of bad breath is in the morning when you have just woken up and just stretching lightly. There was once when I was waking up and I tried to talk to one of my friends. As I uttered the first few words, he just gestured to me to hit the sink before any further info is given. This same friend was sleeping one day when  his brother decided to alert him on some important information. His brother just opened his mouth and my friend screamed and said 'I can't sleep'. This means that this breath woke his brother up from a realm that he cant go back to anymore. I was laughing my pants off that day still. I am not saying that one should brush his teeth once he wakes up but don't share any opinions till you fulfil this vital task .

Chigurl has already highlighted this point but its still neglected. There are some people out there who are negligent when it comes to brushing their teeth. When I was a young boy, my mum used to beg me to brush my teeth almost to the point of bribing me. It got so bad that i was purposely not brushing. So in my Js1, i will just wake up in the morning, shower and then head straight to the dining hall and drink the tea that they served us. This tea served as my own toothpaste and brush sad times till I was told by a friend that my mouth was not letting her concentrate. The moral of that story is that you should tell your friends if their mouth is not in the right condition. It  will help heal the world if you do because it will better help nostrils all over the world to function. I learnt that if you use your finger and touch the tip of your tongue and put it to your mouth, you will get an idea of what your breath smells like.

to borrow a line 'When you wake up in the morning, taiste a paiste so you're journey will never be in vain'

2 comments:

  1. I feel I can taste my breath when it's bad. Once it tastes nasty, I have to whip out my gum

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao omg I actually read your blog for my break. Fun read :)
    MI

    ReplyDelete